Situated in the heart of Belfast city centre, this studio contains two floors and three rooms with poles.
185 Donegal St, Belfast, BT1 2FJ
Term 5 – week commencing 19th Aug 2019 – subject to change
Times listed are for Studio 1 classes (main studio). Please note Studio 2 is also available during timetable hours for private hire/practice sessions.
Belfast Studio 1
|10 am||Private option all day||Private option all day||Open pole||Open|
|11 am||Private option||*Intro|
|12 Noon||Open pole|
|6 pm||Beg||Adv Plus||Adv Plus||*Intro||Private option|
|7 pm||Adv 1||Int 2||Int 1||Adv M (mixed sex)||Private option|
Please visit our payments page to select and book courses you wish to attend.
You will learn your own party dance routine that you can take to the dance floor on your hen night out. If you have a theme in mind let us know and we will try to accommodate but here are some ideas & options for you to choose from
NEW - Life Drawing Party's
Hen Party Life Drawing Classes are designed specifically for you to have a bit of fun, a little cheeky for your hen party - Book a trained artist and model for your hen party for you & your friends to attempt to capture the chisels, curves and contours of a specially selected male model. Our life drawing parties are truly wonderful and such good fun and you learn to draw – well, a bit!
The drill ...... The session will last approx 1 1/2 hours, includes a champagne reception, nibbles & artistic based party games where the workshop leader will give you helpful hints & tips to make your session fun! Don’t worry if you can’t draw, It's not about producing the best drawing. It's about enjoying yourselves doing something different. If you feel you can’t draw the complete figure; then just draw your favourites bit and see the look on the other faces, when you show them your masterpiece.We work on the assumption that most hens can't draw and base the session at a beginner's level, so that you feel comfortable. Your model will enter, the session is explained, you'll be taken through a range of drawing exercises while your model adopts different poses.
At the end, you will judge the best drawing and take some group photos and Hens get to take their drawings home. Party's are £27.50 pp - Min booking 10
Themed Dance Party’s
This is an exciting and different party idea and a great way to start your weekend. Its a fabulous way for all your friends to get to know each other and whip them all into a sexy dance troupe!
You will learn your own party dance routine that you can take to the dance floor on your hen night out. Choose from:
During your pole dancing class, you'll learn all kinds of pole dancing tricks and poses and the dance moves that link them together. You'll start off with a rousing warm-up to get your joints moving and then progress to the pole. Your teacher will guide you through various pole moves and before you know it you'll be spinning and dancing to your hearts content!
Learn to shimmy and shake like Neo-Burlesque Dita Von Tease and classic Gypsy Rose Lee! You'll begin your Burlesque Lesson by learning the poses and postures of the most glamorous of Burlesque Femme Fatales! You'll then be introduced to some classic Burlesque striptease, chair work and the use of props. By the end of the Burlesque Class you will be performing a Burlesque routine using all the different skills you've learnt during your class.
Zumba® is a Latin inspired, easy-to-follow, calorie burning dance -fitness party which is taking the world by storm as the hottest new way to stay in shape, dancing to latin inspired and easy to follow dance steps. During your party session we concentrate on floor filling tracks that really get the party going.
You will learn your very own routine to a grease dance medley. Try your hand at the hand jive and some rock and roll. The focus of the Grease hen dance class is to have fun, build confidence and learn some moves that you may even like to perform on your night out. We will provide you with Pink Ladies jackets to dance out your routine. Or do you dare to be different and rock your day as Danny & the T-Birds?
Rocky Horror Picture
Step into the time warp; the dance, as described in the lyrics, this routine includes jumping, stepping and pelvic thrusting!
Pussy Cat Dolls – MTV style
Welcome to the fast and funky world of backing dancing, learn how to strut your stuff, pose and pout like your on MTV.
Bring the dance floor back from the dead in recreating the most ghoulish music video. Learn the classic "Thriller" routine and hear your party scream!!
Experience your own high energy, fun filled cheerleading session, our professional choreographer will get you warmed up and take you through some combinations, by the end you will have a personalized pom pom dance routine and hen party team chant for the bride which you can later embarrass her with by screaming loudly down the street as you leave.
Come out of the corner and Have the time of your life and take part in the ultimate dirty dancing workshop
All Themed Dance party’s include Champagne reception, nibbles, party games and onto the chosen activity. Cost of the 1 ½ hour session is £20 per person. There will be lots of opportunity for you to take your own pictures to treasure the fun memories. You are encouraged to dress in theme for the occasion but is not necessary, just wear something comfortable like leggings and top.
Party sessions are available on a Friday evening, Saturdays/Sundays between 12 and 8pm, alternative times/days can be arranged depending on availability so please do not hesitate to contact use to check availability. Prices are £20 per head; £15 for existing students
MIXED SEX welcome at partys
Male exotic dancer can be ordered in (additional £80)
If you have any inquires or would like to book a party do not hesitate to Contact us. Alternatively, you can reach us on the following numbers:
El Fegan - Owner/ Instructor
- When did you first join Pole? I first came across pole in Austrila 2004 at Bobbys Pole Studio. On arriving home, I set up Polercise the following year in October 2005, being the first purpose built pole dance studio in Ireland.
- Do you have any other exercise background? I played team sports for local clubs for many years, as well as taking part in Coaching NI fitness. I have my NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Instructing Pole Dance Exercise, CNI Fitness Instructors award and OCR ETM. My training is on going as I take part in workshops with various schools in England regularly.
- What's your favourite move? Vertical Lie
- What do you love most about Polercise? I believe Polercise is the most enjoyable sort of exercise you could do, giving you an overall body workout. It helps develop your self confidence, and from an instructors perspective, I can really see the development of students when doing this sport.
- When did you first join Pole? I went to El's first ever pole class above the butchers and chipshop on the Newtownards Road.
- Do you have any other exercise background? Before pole my only form of exercise was Yoga. Since discovering Pole, I have become a complete enthusiast, completing my level two E.T.M. and an O.C.R. in Hip Hop, to become a certified instructor.
- What's your favourite move? The Polecat, it's beautiful!
- What do you love most about Polercise? I love the confidence it has given me and I love seeing the confidence of my students grow week by week, both physically and mentally. I also love the community and the friends I've made through doing Polercise.
- When did you first join Pole? I took part in the 2nd world record attempt in 2007 in Pole, and then in 2007 completed my Vertical dance certification with Katie Coates. I shortly after began teaching Polercise.
- Do you have any other exercise background? I am a self employed full time level 2 fitness instructor, and a level 3 personal trainer. Ive been working in the fitness industry now for 8 years, teaching a variety of different disciplines.
- What's your favourite move? The Dropback
- What do you love most about Polercise? I love the relationships I've developed here at polercise, we are friends as well as colleagues. I enjoy helping people progress through the own Polercise journey, be it for confidence, fitness, strength or friendship.
- When did you first join Pole? In 2006
- Do you have any other exercise background? I have been dancing since the age of 6 with experience in a range of dance styles including ballet, jazz, hiphop, contemporary and disco. I completed a diploma in performing arts (dance). I also podium dance in clubs around Northern Ireland.
- What's your favourite move? The Aeisha
- What do you love most about Polercise? I love meeting all the new girls and watching how they progress throughout each term. I also love choreographing new up to date routines for the girls, it's great fun!
- When did you first join Pole? May 2010
- Do you have any other exercise background? Taibo
- What's your favourite move? Pole cat (it's not the hardest but looks really nice)
- What do you love most about Polercise? Learning something new and different every week and the social aspect.
- Why would you recommend Polercise? It's great fun, learning new skills, I never get bored of it like I have with other forms of exercise, and I have made so many friends.
- When did you first join Pole? I joined Polercise in May 2010 after trying a taster session.
- Do you have any other exercise background? Bouncing about like an idiot in front of my Xbox when playing Dance Central, Fitness Evolved or Kinect Sports. It definitely gives you a workout!
- What's your favourite move? Probably the Scorpio. It looks really nice but I'm still trying to perfect it.
- What do you love most about Polercise? There are so many things I love about Polercise that I couldn't name them all. As well as getting fit, I have more confidence given that I'm a bit of a geek. I love the social aspect too and find that all the girls are really friendly. No matter what level they are at, there is always someone to help you along whether it's an instructor or another student. In fact I am now so addicted to it I have 2 poles at home.
- Why would you recommend Polercise? It's a really good way to get fit and build strength while having fun at the same time. There is a great sense of achievement when you learn a new move and no matter how bad a day I've had, I always feel great after class.
- When did you first join Pole? October 2010
- Do you have any other exercise background? I've grown up doing gymnastics, ballet and every other dance class I came across so pole was something I'd been wanting to try for ages.
- What's your favourite move? My new favourite move is the pole cat ... Yet to be mastered!
- What do you love most about Polercise? I love polercise because Its a fun way to get fit in a relaxed environment plus I'm learning a valuable skill
- Why would you recommend Polercise? I would recommend it to anyone who can't face another minute on a boring treadmill.
- When did you first join Pole? January 2011
- Do you have any other exercise background? I go to the gym twice a week on top of pole class
- What's your favourite move? My favourite move at the minute is pole cat and hanging upside down.
- What do you love most about Polercise? I love Polercise as it's something different to do and is really toning me up. Classes are great fun!
- Why would you recommend Polercise? I would recommend Polercise as you meet new people, keep fit, have a great laugh and my boyfriend loves it!
Would you like to be featured as a Polercise student on the site? Why not drop us a line.